Housing and Residence Life
Matthew R. Cameron, M.S., Associate Vice President for Auxiliary Services and Assistant Dean of Students/Director of Housing & Residence Life
Yojana Rodriguez, M.S., Associate Director for Housing and Residence Life for Business Services
Judisha Chetty Williams, M.S., Associate Director of Residence Education
Aric Werkheiser, M.S., Residence Coordinator
Keana Woods, M.S., Residence Coordinator
Orianna Camargo, M.B.A., Residence Coordinator
Catherine Lopez-Ramon, Administrative Assistant
Weber Hall 137
The purpose of the residence life program is to work with students, staff, and faculty in the creation of a caring and learning environment in which students can find opportunities to excel academically and interpersonally. The department provides ways in which students can better understand themselves and others in their community.
For learning to occur, the department believes that the following conditions must be satisfied:
- That each student is viewed as a unique member of the community.
- That students find stimulation for learning through individual and group educational and developmental opportunities.
- That the environment provides opportunity for interaction and collaboration so that students, faculty and staff share in the development of goals and the resulting responsibilities.
- That the rights and responsibilities of all members of the community are recognized.
- That learning as a process is as valuable as learning as a product.
The University provides on-campus residences to offer students an opportunity to live, study and develop as whole persons within a community educational setting. A resident will profit from this experience to the extent they choose to participate and to develop their own creative leadership skills. The Residence Life staff assists the residents in making their campus living a caring community conducive to their social and educational development. They provide quality service, protect the rights of all residents in a safe and secure residence, and maintain pleasant and sanitary conditions in a caring environment.
The University has specific housing policies and regulations. These policies are specified in the Housing Agreement and published in the Housing and Residence Life Manual.