Business Services

Student Union Office

  • Concierge Center
  • Information Desk
  • ID Services
  • Parking Permits
  • Union Facility Services

Mickie Voutsinas, MBA, Director
Sarah Williams, MS, Associate Director


Our qualified staff anticipates and addresses the needs of members of the Barry community, as well as visitors.  Some of the services in the Student Union Office include local phone calls, copying, sending and receiving faxes, scanning, and meal plans.  


Photo identification cards are issued to each student at the time of their initial registration at the University. It is expected that the ID card will be retained throughout the students' university experience.

Students are expected to carry their ID at all times while on campus.

The card is the property of Barry University and is intended solely for its use. When requested by a university official, students are required to produce their identification. It is not transferable and must be returned upon request. Misuse of the ID card will result in disciplinary action.

Currently, the library, the computer lab, residential parking, printing, and athletic facilities are using our magnetic stripe or contactless card system. Therefore, those services can only be accessed with a valid ID Card. Dining Services and the Follett Bookstore also accept the Barry ID Card as a mode of payment. However, money or a meal plan must be added to your ID card prior to make any purchases with your card.

Money can be added to the ID card account at the Cashier’s/Business Office (Farrell Hall), Student Union Office (Landon 103) or by utilizing GET, an app available in the Android Play Store or the Apple App Store or by visiting 

Lost or Stolen ID card

A lost or stolen ID card must be reported to the Student Union Office as soon as possible either online via the GET app, in person, or by phone. 

The cardholder will be liable for all financial transactions including meal plan transactions on the card until it is reported to the Student Union Office as lost or stolen.  By reporting the ID card as lost/stolen, it will be deactivated to prevent misuse and placed on hold.  If the card is not found, the ID card will be reissued with a new encoding card number.  Previous balance and account history will carry forward to the new card. 

The fee for a damaged or replacement ID card is $15.  The fee for a lost or damaged clinical badge is $5.


All vehicles, motorcycles or scooters driven to the campus must be registered with the University. Traffic and parking regulations are distributed when parking decals for the academic year are issued. Individuals can register their vehicle through


Room Reservations

The Landon Student Union Hall serves as the primary facility for students to meet and gather on campus.  Student organizations and groups take priority over departmental events in the Landon Student Union.  Specific space within the Union can be reserved for student use on a first come, first served basis.  All Student Union reservations must be requested through Conference and Events Services using the online calendar system (EMS).  Request must be submitted by an employee or the appropriate student organization liaison.  For more details, see “Use of University Facilities” in the “Policies and Procedures” section of the Student Handbook or simply stop by our office. 

Posting and Publicity

Only registered student organizations, academic units, and university departments and approved non-university entities may publicize in Landon Student Union and Thompson Hall. All publicity material intended for the Student Union must be approved by the Student Life Office. For more details, see "Posting and Publicity Policy" in the "Policies and Procedures" section or simply stop by our office.

Back to Table of Contents